Event/Campus Care Staff (Part-time) | Organ Limberist
First Congregational Church of Oakland, a United Church of Christ, Where Love is First. Our mission is to give glory to God by reaching out to people of all racial, ethnic, and economic backgrounds, ages, abilities, and sexual orientations. We welcome people into the beloved community where together we discover our gifts; develop authentic relationships with God and each other; join in passionate, creative, Spirit-led worship; grow in faith, understanding, power, love and service; and respond to the word of life we encounter in Jesus Christ by becoming part of what the Spirit is doing to create justice and peace, heal the earth, and restore kinship with all creation.
We desire to have employees who understand that their efforts, energy, and work contribute to the fulfillment of our mission and vision. Although our employees are separate from our spiritual community, it is important that all staff and contractors understand the context within which they are working. We are committed to creating an environment, in which all flourish, contribute their gifts, and support the effective functioning of the church.
Event/Campus Care Staff (Part-time)
Are you a person with a positive "can-do" attitude and a deep sense of customer service? Do you enjoy meeting people of all racial, ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds, ages, abilities and sexual/gender orientations? Are you comfortable setting up tables, pushing a broom or cleaning toilets? Are you able to work with little supervision and contribute to the overall team? Then this job may be for you!
Summary of the Position
First Congregational Church of Oakland (FCCO) is seeking several part-time Event/Campus Care Staff to provide customer service to our renters/tenants as well as perform housekeeping duties to maintain the facilities. FCCO is a community hub for non-profit organizations, justice oriented events, large and small private parties/events, classes, 12-step meetings and more!
Event/Campus Care Staff are hourly paid positions that are responsible for providing coordination and logistical support to individuals, groups, and organizations renting and/or using the facilities and community center. You serve as a primary contact between FCCO and its tenants and renters.
- Answer questions and provide information in a professional and friendly demeanor
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of attendees, visitors and other persons
- Serve as contact for event attendees on the day of the event, orientate attendees to the facility
- Proficient in working with others, as well as be comfortable in maintaining and enforcing venue policies and procedures
- Be in attendance and physically present in the assigned areas of the venue
- Assist in the set up and take down of furniture (chairs, tables, etc.)
- Perform assigned maintenance duties of sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, taking out trash, dusting and cleaning restrooms
- Maintain organization of all common areas in the church (atrium, hallways, floors) related to the rental areas in the church
- Communicate all building, grounds, and community care and maintenance related issues to Supervisor
- Assist other Campus Care Staff and Building & Facilities Team to facilitate completion of projects and where additional physical assistance is indicated
- Ability or willingness to learn how to interact with homeless individual and/or individuals with mental health issues who come to the church seeking assistance
- Provide a variety of physical tasks associated with the work of facilities maintenance including sitting, standing, walking, bending/stooping, crawling, climbing, reaching at/above/below shoulder, kneeling, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and repetitive hand and foot motion
- High school graduate or GED
- Experience in the care and maintenance of the facility
- Great communication and people skills
- Ability to be a creative problem solver and provide effective customer service
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and carryout housekeeping and event duties
- Ability to work independently, and with teams, with minimal supervision
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and flexible with a positive "can do" attitude
- Ability to work flexible hours to support FCCO operations and events
- Reliable transportation
- Previous customer service, hospitality and/or event support experience
- Previous custodial experience
- Previous experience interacting with the homeless population whom may or may not have mental health issues
Please visit us at www.firstoakland.org to learn more about our church
Compensation: $16+/ hour (depending on experience}. To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please, NO PHONE CALLS. Thank You.;
Back to top
Volunteer Organ Limberist
First Congregational Church is seeking a Volunteer Organ Limberist. The person we are seeking is familiar with Mhller organs and knows how to play. If you are willing, you may also be contracted for occasional performances.
The Centennial Organ is a Möhler 66 Stop and was installed in 1958.
Please contact Angel Starr or B Avalon for more info and book time on the organ.
Back to top
Thank you for your interest in First Congregational Church of Oakland.